2007年6月27日水曜日

How to be a successful English teacher

In last ETM3 class,a English teacher came to our class as a guest teacher,from junior high school.I learned a lot of things about junior high school students or teaching English.I want to write teo point that was useful and impressed me.

1. Making the teaching plan
When a teacher have a class,it is important to make the taching plan.I thought that this apply to every teachers. First,tachers have to think what to teach from the textbook.And after choosing that, teacher have to decide teching order. Also, to teach correctly and easiliy for students is important. I think if I teach English, I have to use plainer expressions and explanations, not ambiguous or imcomprehensible.
On that point,Mr.Maruhashi's way of teaching was straightforward and easy to understand(At first,I felt it was a little difficult...). I learned attentions of teaching English from Mr.Maruhashi.

2.Junior High School Students
Mr.Maruhashi asked us images about junior highschool,teachers, and students. I knew that recent student was changing from when we were in junior high school. I have a image that junior high school students are difficult. Looking back days of then, surely, various things happened,during class,club activity,or dairy life. "I want to talk with teacher! Listen to me!"......this was my feeling of junior high school. I think students want to talk to teachers. So, teachers talk more students and should understand each.Through activity, class,or school life, to communicate with them is very important,I thought.



Mr.Maruhashi asked us "What is teacher's role?", at first. My answer was "to bring up students and to cue(きっかけを与える) them to thier dream". But, although I want to be a English teaher, I didn't know what it is. I could express by words but I wondered if what and how it is, actually.
I want to learn by listening to more speech of teachers or experiencing. To be a teacher and to teach students are difficult. I must study many things harder. Mr.Maruhashi's speech was very useful for me.Thank you very much.

0 件のコメント: